Saturday, June 22, 2013

Bhldn blue shoes...well look alike anyways

 I was browsing through Pinterest the other day looking for a cute pair of blue shoes. It is such a popular color this year but oddly enough I've been having such a hard time finding the pair I was really looking for. Of course I found something that i was in love with from bhldn.com but not only were they $350(don't have that kind of money!!) but they weren't being sold anymore. That being said I was trying to think of something I could do to replicate them.

   Here's the original pair I came across...
                                *
                                *




I remembered a pair of plain t straps I bought 5 years ago or so and haven't worn much...so I thought why not spray paint them...if it ruins them I wouldn't be upset. So I tried it.

                             *
                             *
Here's the finished product! I also spray painted little clip on bows from Clair's the same color. I'm not sure how their going to hold up yet but I might try doing polyurethane on them to see if that helps... They have cracked a little at pressure points but you can't tell unless your really up close! Still worth a try!!:) I love the Marie Antoinette look about them!!:) hope your inspired!!;)
P.S. I still have to add one more bow!;)





No comments:

Post a Comment