Monday, June 10, 2013

Entryway makeover..yes again...


Well I am trying to redecorate the entryway...again. Ugh, this room is SO hard for me to figure out for some reason! I think I am starting to find what I was envisioning. Here's some pics of what's going down.

So I painted over the dark grey walls( it just wasn't working for me, probably because it was to dark) to a lighter grayish blue. The color is from Menards.. I think it's called secret hideaway. I also tore out the wooden bench( not original to the home) because I felt it was to boxy and large for the small space. I am going to add a small settee in its place. The gold mirror to the left is a garage sale purchase. I like the casual elegant look.
                               * 
                               *
                               *





Here you can see a fireplace mantel I found at, yes, a garage sale too. I have painted it from a honey colored wood to white. I wanted there to be a feel of a fireplace. I am in the process of painting the woodwork white too. It's to small of a space and it needs brightened. I have been crucified for this by almost everyone in my family!:) they love the old dark woodwork( as do I) but its much to dark for this room.
                               *
                               *
                               *

Here's the fireplace painted and decorated. I will post "finished" pics when  the room is completed!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment