Sunday, May 14, 2017

Spring 2017

Hello, 
          It seems like likes it's been so long again since my last post! Things can get pretty crazy around here with these three but I'm definitely seeing now what people mean when they say that the days are long but the years fly by. Never truer words. Our spring has been so nice. We finally transitioned back into a nice schedule after Jess picked up again with landscaping a few months back. I so enjoy the winter with him home more but that transition time from two parents back down to one always seems a little hairy. But we thrive on schedule and winter time it gets broken so it's also fun to get back into the swing of things come spring. My mom said that reminds her of how farmer families are also!:) we seem to spend as much time outside as we can. It makes things like meal times and burning off the excess little boy energy so much easier. This week we are looking at really nice temps so we just can't wait to take advantage of that. Today we ran and grabbed the kids a slip and slide and it's already been a huge hit around here. What is it with throwing on a suit and getting wet outside? It brings back all kinds of childhood memories for me and it's fun to get to relive it through my kiddos.:)
**
**
**
**
Sunday's are our grocery shopping day so it's tradition to run by our local park for a picnic and walk afterwards. The kids love playing on the play equipment and it's just a fun way to end the weekend!:) the walking trails are mostly away from roads too and it's so nice because the kiddos can walk alongside us instead of in their strollers.
**
**
**
**
Jess turned 31 this past April and it was such a fun day. He picked to go on a hike and the kids also loved that so much. 
**
**
**
**
Last weekend Jess built a sandbox for the kids and it's been wonderful. They can play in there for hours. The only negative is all the sand that's now in the house and constantly in their hair.-_- haha oh well. A small price to pay!;)
**
**
**
**
**
**
**
**
Last but not least. James is learning to ride his bike. He is catching on so quick. It's so fun to watch all these milestones. I can't believe how fast they come. I was telling Jess one night after the kids were in bed that it made me a little sad to see James riding his bike. I always kind of had it in my head as a big transition from more of a little kid to a bigger kid. I can't believe he'll be 5 this summer!! 0-0 Times flies with these little ones. I'm sure trying to not take as much as I can for granted. Thankful for the long summer days coming ahead. 
**
**
       Happy almost summer friends!!

4 comments:

  1. It warms my heart to see all these photos and leads my mind back to when you all were younger and Hannah and Noah, too. It's both a sweet rememberance and an ache of what once was. A conflicted feeling in which all moms eventually feel. But...despite it all...children are such an immense blessing. I'd take the sobs along with the songs anyday! Enjoy those babies and kiss and hug them like crazy! That way they are plenty use to it as adults and you can just keep on kissing and hugging for a lifetime! Love you and your precious family, Kelsey!
    Love you,
    Aunt Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! And Happy Mothers Day, sweet niece! 💞

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful Spring so far! I think this Summer is going to be pretty great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post,dear daughter. The kids do grow up fast,and I echo all that Aunt P. said. It's worth every bit of sacrifice, because the memories warm your days when it's all done. I see my girl in her babies and it's a wonderful gift from our great God. Blessings to you, dear,as you serve the Lord by serving your family. I'm so thankful He has given you the wisdom to really appreciate them, and to parent purposefully, knowing that the time is fleeting. Love you bunches💞 "Here is what I have seen to be good and fitting:to eat,to drink,and enjoy oneself in all one's labor in which he toils under the sun during the few years of his life which God has given him;for this is his reward.""For he will not often consider the years of his life,because God keeps him occupied with the gladness of his heart." Ecclesiastes 5:18&20

    ReplyDelete