Thursday, January 12, 2017

Hello 2017 Life Lately

   I thought it was about time for a new post/update with it being a new year and all.:) We had a pretty quiet end to fall. Just enjoying the last of the wonderful, colorful days. On thanksgiving we ended up going to my grandparents and over to Jesse's parents house. So much fun but wore everyone out!:) The Christmas season wasn't much different. We had so many fun and exciting Christmassy things to do before the actual day. I tried to step back and enjoy the "little" things with the kiddos like making cookies/gingerbread house, driving around town looking at lights, fun movies, decorating the tree,staying up past our bedtime one two many times, ect. :) On Christmas Eve we went up to my grandparents again and then to my in-laws that night. Christmas Day was a Sunday so after our little family Christmas at home we headed to church for service. My favorite is when Christmas is on Sunday's because of this!! Then over to my parents to eat and enjoy the rest of the day there. One thing I am so thankful for is that both of our families are close. It can make for very long days durning the holiday season but definitely worth it. Something I hope that we never take for granted!
   We rang in the new year with every last one of us having the stomach bug. Let me tell you, nothing makes you more thankful for your health than cleaning up sheet upon sheet covered in puke. 
   I really enjoy this time of year. A fresh start. New ways and things you'd like to apply or accomplish to your life. Reflecting on the past year and praising the Lord for carrying us through so much we couldn't do on our own. Jess and I always like to have some goals set for the upcoming year and to see if we follow through.
    Anyways, I am so looking forward to this coming year. I am finally feeling more like myself and as the kids get older things seem a bit easier. I will admit there is a lot of last year, having 3, 3 and under, that I do not remember at all! Thankful for things like Instagram and this blog that help me to remember those little things is would otherwise forget in all the chaos!:) 
   Happy 2017!! ^-^
**
**
**
**
**
**
**
**
**
**
**
**
**
**
**
**
**
**

4 comments:

  1. I was sure happy to see you post today. I heard about your bout of illness and I'm glad that is over. You did have a busy Christmas. We spent a quiet time here at home with Ang, Jeff and kids. Your children are adorable. That baby isn't a baby anymore! Enjoyed seeing you back in Oct and look forward to a visit soon. Hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet. I don't now how I missed your new blog posting. So glad to run across it. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just seen the link to your post on insta and can't see how to be notified when there's a new one, I'll have to ask Michelle �� Anyway, it's so much fun to read your thoughts on the past year, and your plans for the new. Blessings to you and your sweet family ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, so sweet! 2016 was a busy but wonderful year!!

    ReplyDelete