Sunday, August 4, 2013

James first birthday party

I can't believe it! My sweet baby boy is almost one!! It's seems like yesterday that I just got a positive result on my pregnancy test an here he is ONE! We have enjoyed this little man so much this past year. The Lord truly has blessed me in not only giving me a wonderful husband but added to it giving me a precious baby boy to spend all my days long with. I knew since I was a little girl I wanted to be a mother but I never realized just how special it truly is. First, you get to feel this little blessing inside you(not to mention watching your expanding waistline in horror;) hehe As I type this post I was just recalling a year ago on this very night at about the same time... I started my LONG process of labor(around 40 some hours to be exact.) At that point I was soo excited knowing I would finally get to meet this little mystery man who was taking up residence in my body. Then at last there he was. I got to hold my precious little man. Jess and I joke that we will never forget that very worried look on his little face the first time they laid him on my chest.^-^ I tear up just thinking about it. Thank The Lord for those wonderful blessings he gives us in life!! 
      So I will put on a "year of pics" of James on his actual birthday(August 6) but for now I wanted to load some up of the party we had for him yesterday. It was a huge party. We had a ton of relatives come to celebrate and It was so much fun! We went with a nursery rhyme theme this year. I really wanted a mustache but thought I could only get away with nursery rhyme for his first birthday. I did manage to incorporate mustaches a little though;)  Hopefully when he turns two we'll do the mustache.
   Here's a banner I purchased off of Dear Lillie for over our windows.
                               *
Some nursery rhyme titles made into a banner.
                               *
           
The paper ware table. Light blue, black, and white was our theme colors 
                           *
                     The treat table
                                *
Little mice cake balls one of my BFFS made. We bagged them and used them for favors!:)
                              *
                     The gift table
                              *
The clock has a mouse on it and also cut out words that say "hickory dickory dock"
                              *
The smash cake. I used a store bought cake. Cut it down to size added ruffle frosting, a silhouette from off etsy that I glued toothpicks to and added glitter!:)
                              *
        James enjoying his yummy cake
                                *
                               *
                 Our little family<3. i love you precious baby boy!!! Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment