Sunday, September 22, 2013

Autumn porch and other Festivities

James and I came home from church to give him a nap while Jess stayed to teach or children's youth group. We are hoping to head to Panera for a warm cup of joe this evening.If we are wanting it to be a fun time, king James will need his nap!;) so I thought I'd take the time to post about my fall porch.
This is the view when you come up the steps to the front door. We are hoping to get some clean up done before winter...pressure wash, paint, add a cover to the crazy outside light... You know, that fun kind of stuff!;)
**
**
 
Remember the garage sale children's wicker set... It made its debut to the porch!:) I would eventually like to put a REAL wicker sofa here but this fits perfectly for now. Also, James loves it bc it's just  his size!;) hehe 
**
**
Across from the children's set are the two chairs. The one on the left was Jesses grandma jeans chair! I would also like to paint the mailbox so it's not so much of an eye sore...but eventually I'd really like to have an old Victorian looking one for the yard!:)
**
**
Then back in the little cave of the porch we put a table. It's really nice to eat out here...you can even kind of see James little booster peeking up above one of the seats!;)
**
**
Im not one to put out much decor for Halloween... But this little haunted house from my aunt beck is the bomb...it's super cute lighted up at night too!:)
**
**
**
**
Here's some nighttime pics I took before I got most of everything put out...
**
**
**
** 
Last night on our historic square(literally two blocks from our house!!) they had a really fun fall festival. Jess, James, and I walked up. We got really yummy locally made pumpkin ice cream and all the stores were open late so we went through to see all the fun decorations. In the middle of the square they had vendors selling yummy drinks, pumpkins(where I got mine!), and had an alpaca you could pet! 
**
**
I think we can say this was all our favorite part...they were giving free carriage rides(yes horses and all!!:D) James of course loved the horseys!:)
**
**
And last but not least here is James hamming it up in his new clothes!
**
**
Hope everyone is having a blessed rest of the weekend!! Xo

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! You live in the perfect place to do the things you like to do. I love your porch and the things you've collected. Yes, we have a list of things that we are trying to get done. Good luck with that!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. James looks like you in that last photo. Love the porch! I want to sit & drink hot cocoa or cider with you on that porch.

    ReplyDelete